Saturday, November 30, 2013

November paintings!


In October, I decided to do a painting every day. 31 paintings later, I decided to give myself a little break in November. I'd only do 20 paintings. Seemed VERY reasonable to me.

and then...

I was invited to take part in a local art event, The BE SQUARE Art Challenge. 15 paintings in 15 days. I work quickly! I can do that! How fun!
I signed right up.


We're All Mad Here- 8x8" mixed media on canvas



Then it hit me. 20 + 15 = 35. 

THIRTY FIVE PAINTINGS? Are you insane, Jaymee?

The answer, obviously, is yes. I did manage to get them all done, as evidenced above.

I've sold 20 of them so far, (not too shabby! THANK YOU!) and still have 15 available. I'll be posting the remaining pieces on my Etsy store www.etsy.com/jaymeelaws within the next few days.


Honey Pie- mixed media on 8.5x11" chipboard
I love to push myself to create. It's important for me to paint, and to take that "me" time. For me, it's as spiritual as meditation, and it's easy to neglect what feeds your soul when you get busy. Whatever feeds your soul, I hope you're nurturing that. 
Let's have an awesome December!

xo, Jaymee

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Your amazingly talented, and your work is very inspiring.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete